Although travel is undoubtedly my biggest passion in life, I’ve also been giving minimalism a lot of thought lately; about how less is more, and how quality should always come first. I used to be the kind of person who would buy the first thing she could grab in the store without really thinking about what it meant, or what it could actually be used for. Now, at the ripe age of 28 years old, I prefer to spend loads of money on few select items that I know will last forever, rather than spend loads of money on useless things that won’t even fit after the first wash.
Which is why I opted for a rather fancy holiday gift guide this year: to discourage people from buying gifts just for the sake of buying. Get something thoughtful, heartfelt, practical, and durable instead – not something that will have ended up in the bin by next Christmas.
And also because apparently I am secretly Scandinavian everything listed above is either black, white or gray. ;-)
If your budget is a little tighter, I do have a list of equally cool and useful travel-friendly gift ideas in my Travel Shop that are under the $40 price point. Gifts don’t have to be expensive to be appreciated!
* Remember that you can get the majority of those items online and avoid the cray crowds of Black Friday. Instead, I give you the opportunity of shopping in your PJs while you cat tries to push the darned lightbox off of your lap. You can thank me later for that.
Holiday Gift Guide For Fancy Travellers
- Airportag throw pillow
- Cashmere scarf
- Kate Spade luggage tag
- Travel-themed pouch/make-up bag
- Delsey ultra-light suitcase
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera
- Cashmere travel sleep set
- Molton Brown hand cream
- Larsson & Jennings watch
- Phillips headphones
- Madewell leather tote
- Morphie battery case
- Minimalist city maps
- Carry-on cocktail kit